Join us for a wine harvest dinner celebration under the stars at the Sesnon House at Cabrillo College. Meet celebrity wine professionals including distinguished wine writers, Master Sommeliers and celebrity chefs. Enjoy an array of award winning wines produced by our local vintners and culinary delights prepared by the students of the Culinary Arts Department of Cabrillo College. Ticket includes wine reception and a three course dinner. All ticket proceeds go to the Culinary Arts and Wine Program at Cabrillo College. It wouldn’t be a fundraiser without a silent auction so come prepared to support these two causes!
About the Wines and Dinner:
Every year our wineries participate in a Santa Cruz Mountains Professional Wine Tasting. For 48 hours SCMWA hosts a group of distinguished wine professionals from around California. On Thursday key industry leaders and professional tasters meet for a VIP reception and on Friday they begin the Professional Tasting from 8 am to 3 pm. Wines are tasted blind by varietal, region and given points.
This year, we are hosting an Wine Harvest Dinner directly following the tasting. This dinner will be a celebration of the region’s wines and culinary delights. As a fundraiser for both organizations there will be a silent auctions in which a portion of the proceeds will benefit both programs.
The Harvest Dinner wine reception will begin at 6 pm followed by the Harvest dinner from 7pm – 9pm.
Individual tickets are available or tables of 10. Individual tickets are $55 and a ten top is $500. Again all proceeds benefit the Cabrillo Culinary Arts Sponsorship program. Please contact the SCMWA office directly with any questions at 831-685-8463 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Professional Tasters
2013 Participating Wineries
- Pork Belly warpped in puff pastry with sweet chile glaze & toasted sesame seeds
- Stuffed baby new potatoes with asiago souffle
- Cold marinated jumbo prawns with dipping sauce
- Baguettes with butter
- House made Duck Proscuitto served with mesculin baby lettuces in a white balsamic vinaigrette & fennel pollen
- Herb Roasted Rack of Lamb with Pommes Anna , Fig and shallot agrodolce and roast local brussel sprouts and fennel
- (vegetarian ) Roast Kaboucha Squash, Portobello Mushroom Ratatouille enclosed in Filo Pastry and served with a Porcini Crème
- Graven stein Apple Gallette with Caramelized Sea Salt Ice Cream