Santa Cruz Mountains Passport Days 2013
Passport Days to the Santa Cruz Mountains was introduced in 1993, by the Winegrowers of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Four times a year the winegrowing community of the Santa Cruz Mountains comes together to celebrate the generations of farmers, vintners and families that are the roots of the Santa Cruz Mountains wine region. Over the last 20 years the event has become a beloved tradition among wine lovers who enjoy wines produced by our legendary, artisan winemakers all within the idyllic Santa Cruz Mountains.
The third Saturday of January, April, July and November, passport guests are welcomed into 30+ wineries throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains, each offering a unique pairing of artisan handcrafted wines, gourmet food and entertainment. Take a vineyard tour for a grape-to-glass look at Santa Cruz Mountains wine. Meet the winemakers, grapegrowers and sample exclusive vintages from wineries generally not open to the public. Delight in discovering each winery’s unique Passport “theme,” a tradition of the event. The possibilities are as varied as the wineries themselves and promise a fun, unforgettable weekend. Enjoy!
- Passport Days occurs four times a year on the third Saturday of January, April, July and November.
- Wineries generally closed to the public are only open on Passport Days.
- Passport is your opportunity to meet our legendary Winemakers of the Santa Cruz Mountains and taste some fabulous terroir driven wines.
- Use the map in the Passport as a rough guide only. Please make sure to read the directions for each individual winery.
- At each winery you visit, a page of your Passport will be given a unique commemorative stamp.
- Wineries open on non-Passport days will accept Passports and stamp your Passport. Passports are only good for one winery visit on Passport days or throughout the year.
- Passports ordered online will be mailed one week prior to passport. Please make sure to provide shipping address.
- Passport benefits are good for ONE VISIT to each participating winery up to 2 years. This includes non-Passport days as well as Passport days.
- You must have your Passport to have your tasting fee waived at each participating winery.
- SCMWA reserves the right to change Passport rules or to modify them in any way that they deem fit. This includes but is not limited to days of Passport, fees, expiration dates and winery participation.
Keep in mind when planning your tour:
- Not all participating wineries are open from 11am-5pm on Passport Days. Some have elected to modify their hours. We recommend that customers check the SCMWA website or call participating locations for participating winery hours.
- Gift prize is available for completing your Passport. Please contact SCMWA.
- Current Passport holders Passports will expire in two years.
- Many wineries have limited access and parking. Before hiring a stretch limousine or bus, call the wineries your propose to visit and make arrangements.
- Passports are $45 online or can be purchased at any participating winery.