Passport Celebration Days to the Santa Cruz Mountains was introduced in 1993, by the Winegrowers of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Four times a year the winegrowing community of the Santa Cruz Mountains comes together to celebrate the generations of farmers, vintners and families that are the roots of the Santa Cruz Mountains wine region. Over the last 20 years the event has become a beloved tradition among wine lovers who enjoy wines produced by our legendary, artisan winemakers all within the idyllic Santa Cruz Mountains. On the third Saturday of January, April, July and November, passport aficionados are welcomed into 50+ wineries throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains, each offering a unique winery experience. The possibilities are as varied as the wineries themselves and promise a fun, unforgettable day. Enjoy!
See Event Details Below:
- Passport Celebration Days are the third Saturday of January, April, July and November.
- Passports are valid for two years from the date of purchase and entitle the bearer to a Passport experience ONE TIME at each participating winery. Passport must be presented at each winery visited. Wineries open on non-Passport days will accept Passports during their regular hours of operation.
- Passports are good on any day besides Passport Days. Please check our participating wineries for their hours.
- Wineries generally closed to the public are only open on Passport Days.
- Use the map in the Passport as a rough guide only. Please make sure to read the directions for each individual winery. For a copy of the map, please click here.
- At each winery you visit, a page of your Passport will be given a unique commemorative stamp.
- Passports ordered online will be mailed one week prior to passport. Please make sure to purchase passports at least two weeks before event date in order for passports to arrive on time. Please make sure to provide shipping address. You can purchase passports at the wineries, but please call ahead to make sure they have them in stock.
- Not all participating wineries are open from 11am-5pm on Passport Days. Some have elected to modify their hours from 12pm to 5pm. We recommend that Passport guests call participating wineries for exact hours.
- Many wineries have limited access and parking. Before hiring a stretch limousine or bus, call the wineries you plan to visit and make arrangements.
- Passports are $65 online (tax, shipping and handling) or can be purchased at any participating winery.
*Passport rules are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association (SCMWA). SCMWA’s Passport program offers invaluable information about participating wineries which include a booklet, map and webpage for easy navigation. It is up to the sole discretion of each participating winery to offer its own unique experience. SCMWA does not offer refunds or replacements for Passports, including those that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
For a list of participating wineries, click here.
If you would like a digital copy of the Map, please click here.